For 24 years, Konami’s Contra series of video games have combined sci-fi run and gun action with aliens and explosions. The games are also so difficult you might just throw a controller out the window- just one hit and you die. Over the course of 13 games, the series’ driving soundtrack help propel the player to victory time and time again.
So, lock and load your spread gun and prepare to blast those robots and aliens to pieces. It’s time to listen to some classic tracks from the Contra video games.
On today's program:
- Waterfall of Bloodshed - Contra (Arcade) (Koji Hiroshita)
- Jungle Theme - Contra (NES) (Hidenori Maezawa + Kiyohiro Sada)
- Ending Theme - Operation C (Game Boy) (Hidehiro Funauchi)
- Maria Calderon Highway - Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES) (Miki Higashino, Masanori Adachi, Tachihi Iwase, Aki Hata)
- Jurassic Dope - Contra: Hard Corps (Sega Genesis) (Hiroshi Kobayashi, Michiru Yamane, Akira Yamaoka, Hirofumi Taniguchi, Aki Hata)
- Mountain Stronghold - Contra: Legacy of War (PS1) (Atilla Heger)
- Battle Train - Shin Contra (PS2) (Akira Yamaoka, Sota Fujimori)
- Boss 1- Contra 4 (DS) (Jake Kaufman)
- Battleship Theme- Hard Corps: Uprising (360/PS3) (Daisuke Ishiwatari)