KBOO Community Radio is very happy to discuss a potential Media Sponsorship of your event with you.
KBOO considers Media Sponsorships based on the event and the organization's alignment with the mission of KBOO, the potential benefit to KBOO, as well as the availability of KBOO resources.
If KBOO Sponsors your event we are doing this as an in-kind donation. We agree to promote your event — on-air, through our website, in our e-newsletter and via social media — in exchange for promotion of KBOO in conjunction with / and at the event.
Please note: There are no cash sponsorships available.
Due to the extremely high level of demand for KBOO's media sponsorship, we will not be able to approve every request received. If there is a tight deadline, you may not be eligible for all sponsorship benefits listed.
If your application for KBOO Media Sponsorship is approved, you will be notified. We will then work together to and sent an agreement for signature, as well as a digital KBOO logo.
If KBOO becomes a Media Sponsor for your event, KBOO would agree to the following:
- KBOO will create and air an on-air announcement of the event (using FCC and IRS guidelines). The spot will run 2 - 3 times a day beginning 7 days before the start of the event.
- KBOO may create a graphic box (and will create a text link) on the front page, linking to a page we create on our website, with a description of your event, and a link back to your website.
- KBOO may include the event in our social networking sites, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- KBOO may be able to interview organizers about the event on-air, prior to the event, depending on our schedule.
- KBOO may be able to include a description in our e-newsletter, distributed to 4,600 addresses, depending on deadlines.
In return, we require your organization to provide the following:
- Our logo on any advertising or promotional material, including flyers, programs, print ads, website or email announcements.
- KBOO’s sponsorship acknowledged verbally at the event during introductory remarks: "This evening is sponsored in part by KBOO Community Radio- listener supported, volunteer created radio- bringing you news, information, and great music from around the world and our own back yards, since 1968."
- KBOO banner and printed materials at the event.
- If appropriate, a table in prime location at the venue- including access to the event for at least two volunteers.
- Tag KBOO in your social media promotions of the event, esp Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, acknowledging KBOO's co-sponsorship. On Facebook we are KBOOradio, on Twitter @KBOO, on Instagram we are @KBOOradio.
*A note on social media: To engage KBOO's social media promotions, please tag KBOO in an initial post to acknowledge our sponsorship.
Additionally, we can explore options of an on-air interview prior to your event. The decision of airtime ultimately rests with our program staff.
Thank you! KBOO looks forward to partnering with you and helping to facilitate the success of your event. Please fill out the form below to request a co-sponsorship.
For more information, contact Ani Haines, 503. 231. 8032 x213 or volunteer [at] kboo.org
If you are interested in advertising or underwriting please visit this page: https://kboo.fm/become-underwriter