Reach the Beach
Team KBOO successfully Reached the Beach on Saturday May 18th 2013!! Two members of the team biked 28 miles from Grande Ronde (one with a baby in tow), and one member of the team biked the full 100 miles from Portland! Go Rebecca!
The team was met at the Finish Line by KBOO's Engineer and two soaked but enthusiastic volunteers. They played whale sounds to complement the sound of the rolling waves and the pouring rain, which was a constant companion during virtually the entire ride. KBOO had a tent with our banner right next to the Finish Line, and a cool audio setup. Hopefully Team KBOO can continue the effort with more riders next year!
Reach the Beach is a top notch ride with amazing support.
Full support includes:
- Continental breakfast
- Two lunch stops
- Rest stops at least every 15 miles
- A gourmet finish line dinner and beach party
- Medical and mechanical support on course
- Baggage transfer (we'll ferry your bags from the start line to finish line)
- Massage at the finish line
- Friendly, supportive volunteers
- Support vehicles on course, just in case you need a lift
- Finish line at the award-winning Pelican Pub
And of course, a great cause.
Proceeds from Reach the Beach will ensure a future with clean air, healthy lungs and smoke-free workplaces.
Visit the Reach the Beach Website for more information.