Old Mole Variety Hour
Bill Resnick hosts this episode of The Mole, featuring a discussion of desertification and music about water from Satori Men's Chorus, as well as an interview with the author of Why Are Faggots So Afraid of Faggots?: Flaming Challenges to Masculinity, Objectification, and the Desire to Conform a review of the movie Albert Nobbs and Richard Wright's 1953 novel The Outsider.
To hear the whole show, use the play button below. To hear individual pieces and find more information, follow these links:
- Bill Resnick talks with New Yorker writer Burkhardt Bilger about his article on desertification and what can be done to stop it.
- Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore talks with the Old Mole's Denise Morris about her book against the cultural mainstreaming of gay life -- Why Are Faggots So Afraid of Faggots.
- Movie Moles Jan Haaken and Frann Michel review Albert Nobbs, a current film about gender switching.
- Larry Bowlden reviews The Outsider, Richard Wright's little known 1953 novel.
- Bill Resnick and Clayton Morgareidge talk about community and Satori Men's Chorus.