Winterfolk 22 - Benefit for Sisters of the Road Cafe
KBOO is a proud co-sponsor of Winterfolk 22
Winterfolk 22 is just around the corner, folks! Saturday, February 6th, join the folks from Sisters Of The Road at the historic Aladdin Theater in Portland for an evening of time-honored and new tunes by our fantastic folk friends. This year’s headliner is Peter Yarrow (of Peter, Paul and Mary)! Other performers will include:
- Brian Cutean from Eugene, Oregon. Brian is one of Oregon’s unique musical treasures. Brian has performed his songs of spirit, whimsy, and power all over the United States, and is a mainstay of the Kerrville Folk Festival in Texas.
- The Artichoke Music All-Stars: Richard Colombo, Matt Meighan, Leela Grace, Ken Vigil and crew give a performance that epitomizes the “Artichoke Music Experience,” inspiring music and community on Portland’s SE Hawthorne Boulevard for over 30 years.
- Nancy Conescu is a world traveler and renowned interpreter of traditional Irish Music. This will be Nancy’s 2nd Winterfolk appearance.
- The Wanderers: Bill Murlin and Carl Allen, featuring the Columbia River Songs of Woody Guthrie. In 1941, Guthrie spent a month hired by the Bonneville Power Administration to write songs in the Northwest for a documentary movie telling of the industry and democracy at work at the Bonneville and Grand Coulee Dams. Bill and Carl have spent 20 years performing these inspiring songs at libraries, folk societies, and historical associations throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- David Rea: an integral player in folk, heritage music and contemporary rip-snortin’ string-flashing for decades.
- The Tom May Trio; the director and founder of “Winterfolk” returns with some new songs and stories from his travels, and celebrates the 25th anniversary of his national radio broadcast, “River City Folk,” this year.
Tickets are $28 advance and $30 on the day of the show, and minors are welcome when accompanied by adults as the primary ticket purchaser due to OLCC restrictions. Tickets will be available December 15th at:
- Ticketmaster outlets
- the Aladdin Theater, 3017 SE Milwaukie Ave, 503-234-9694
- Music Millennium, 3158 E Burnside, 503-231-8926.
And returning again is Sisters’ annual Guitar Raffle! Try your chances to win a one-of-a-kind Small Jumbo Acoustic Guitar handmade by Jay Dickinson of Portland Guitar ($3,000 value!) and ten hours of studio time at Billy Oskay’s Big Red Studio ($750 value)! Tickets are only $10, and the winner is drawn at the show. Tickets will be available by Thanksgiving at:
- Artichoke Music, 3130 SE Hawthorne
- Portland Fretworks, 3039 NE Alberta St.
- Sisters Of The Road’s office at 618 NW Davis St.
Plan now on attending Winterfolk 22! Tickets go on sale December 15th—perfect holiday presents that build community!