APA Compass on 05/03/13
Tune in to APA Compass this Friday, May 3, 2013 at 9 AM. We feature
* An APA Call to Action from Grant High School student Sara Onitsuka on proposed cuts to next year's Japanese program
* Comedian Jenny Yang, co-founder of the first-ever, all female, Asian American standup comedy tour, "Dis/orient/ed Comedy"
* Award-winning children's author, Salina Yoon, who explains why her work is the antithesis of electronic books
* Professor Ann Wetherell, curator of "Flying Tigers: Chinese American Aviators in Oregon, 1918-1945", explains the circumstances around the unusually large number of Chinese-American pilots in the Portland area.
* In our May PopWatch segment, Kushlani sounds off about a racist Chevy commercial and brings you the latest news about Lela Lee’s Angry Little Girls comic and Houston Rockets’ point guard Jeremy Lin.
APA Compass promotes social justice, features APA arts and culture, and challenges how APAs are represented in the media. Our archives are at apaCompass.wordpress.com. If you have a story idea or would like to contribute, leave us a message on our Facebook page, APA Compass Radio.