Historic Q-NEWS & Q-Volunteering Ops
- Multnomah County Commissioner Jeff Cogen.
- Brother-To-Brother Executive Director Alisa along with B2B Board Members: Andre, Craig & Kevin.
- Q-Center Executive Director Kendall along with Paul - Q-Center’s Committee Chair of Arts and Culture.
In honor of the delay in domestic partnership benefits as well as all the work our community is doing to resolve this delay, we opened this show with track one titled: Drive recorded by Incubus from a CD with the same name: Drive.
- A quick call with Multnomah County Commissioner Jeff Cogen.
- An interview with Alisa, the ED of Brother-To-Brother. Alisa (along with her Board) shares HISTORIC news! Listen in as they announce a FIRST of it’s kind (in the nation) partnership between a national and a local organization. Discover B2B news and volunteer needs.
- An interview with Q-Center Executive Director Kendall. Q-Center received national and some international news attention when they hosted BRO’s vigil for Portland residents. Kendall shares how Q-Center plans to grow in 2008 largely supported by a wide-cast of volunteers.
As always, Out Loud is here to help you get the word out about Portland LGBTQ news and events. Be sure to email us directly before noon of each Tuesday. We’ll do our best to announce or feature your event on our show or this site.
Jan 19th: Dottie’s Magic Pockets showing. Bring the kiddies (ages 3-8) and join Q Center for a wonderful time with LGBTQ-friendly Dottie’s Magic Pockets.
On Wednesday, January 30, BRO is staging a rally. Stand Up and Be Counted! A Public Rally to Defend Equality at 5:30 pm Portland, Oregon SW 3rd and Madison - opposite the Federal Courthouse. Click for more details.
Finally, we wonder if YOU – yes – YOU want to be part of this show? If you’re interested in becoming part of the Out Loud KBOO collective, check out these Volunteer links. Then, get in touch with us. Email us directly. If you’ve emailed us in the past and haven’t heard back from us – PLEASE email us again. Emails do get lost. We’re in once a week. We’ll respond to your messages and emails as soon as we receive them.