The Melting Pot on 09/25/12
- Getting Kids into nature, Garden-based and farm-based education and opportunities in Portland
- the value and necessity of learning from nature, a permaculture perspective on food, community, sustainability and quality of life
- the work that's being done to bring FARMS to SCHOOLS and also to bring SCHOOLS to FARMS,
- celebrating a new partnership at Jeans Farm (SE Portland) between Learning Gardens Institute, Mother Earth School, and Rising Stone CSA, who are collaboratively accomplishing these two goals,
- share info for our upcoming FARM TO FORK benefit dinner on Sept. 28th to help us continue to provide quality programs and expand our capacity to serve youth and adults.
A Benefit Dinner for the Learning Gardens Institute and Mother Earth School, and our programs at the charming Jeans Urban Forest Farm in SE Portland.
You're invited to celebrate our first harvest season together at Jeans Farm and help support many more to come. (21+)
Doors at 5pm.
Farm tours at 5:15 and 5:30
Sit-down dinner at 6:00
~Savory Squash soup
~ Farm-fresh bruchetta with wood-fired fococcia bread
~Salt-rubbed kale with figs and balsamic vinegar
~Freshly caught Columbia River Chinook Salmon
~Northwest 3-grain salad with chick peas, cucumbers and lavender goat cheese
This event supports the continued non-profit work of the Learning Gardens Institute and Mother Earth School. LGI hosts weekly seasonal farm visits to children from Sunnyside Environmental School. Mother Earth School runs an on-site farm-based 1st/2nd grade, a weekly parent-child class and summer nature camps. Both organizations offer classes for Continuing Education Credits and host events and workshops like herbal medicine making and nature awareness.