Political Perspectives on 02/22/12
Redefining Black Power, a special program to celebrate the launch of the Pacifica Radio Archive's first book published by City Lights Books, "Redefining Black Power: Reflections on the State of Black America."
This book utilizes the Pacifica Radio Archive's classic Civil Rights and Black Power recordings such as W.E.B Dubois, Rosa Parks, Fannie Lou Hamer, and Audre Lourde as a context for a new conversation on the state of Black America with contemporary educators, activists and philosophers.
- Vincent Harding, Theologian, Historian, Activist and writer of Dr. Martin Luther King's 1967 Riverside Church NY speech "A Time To Break Silence".
- Van Jones, attorney and President Obama Green Jobs appointee
- Michelle Alexander, Attorney Scholar and author of "The New Jim Crow"
- Dr. Julianne Malveaux, former Pacifica National host, author, commentator, economist, President of Bennett College of North Carolina.
- Linn Washington, Journalist, Lawyer and weekly columnist for the Philadelphia Tribune.
- Esther Armah, Pacifica Radio WBAI 99.5 FM host and journalist.