November 16, 2010
(Approved January 18th, 2011)
Commitments are italicized.
Meeting starts at 6:22pm
Should next month’s meeting be postponed until January?
Our next meeting will be January 18th, 2011. Hopefully the winter drive will not fall on this date. We would like an update about strategic planning at January meeting.
Finance Committee Chair
Can revisit in the future but at this time Erin is fine being secretary and Paula is fine being chair that sets the agenda and facilitates meetings.
Raffle ends Monday the 22nd
Blazers game versus the Knicks in January. $5 of each ticket to KBOO and a tabling opportunity.
Square dance will be in February. Need to find a venue.
Maybe a March Mardi Gras event at Mt. Tabor Theater.
Fall Membership Update
Hopefully we will get a full report from Andrew at January FC meeting. Debbie will get a written report or ask him to attend. If the January meeting is right before or during the Winter Drive, we do not expect him to attend.
2011 Potential Finance Projects (list in progress)
- Complete inventory list to track depreciation. Debbie, does this involve buying additional software for Peachtree? What do you need to complete this project? (Such as volunteers). Finance is also concerned about the security of things being stolen or mis-used.
- Mel suggests someone to scout out pledge premiums. At KPFK they have a staff person that looks out for pledge premiums and develops programming around it. (More of a development project)
- Mel would like someone from FC or Board of Director’s watch what he is doing for internal controls and give a report back to Finance and the Board. Erin says she can do this, will set up a meeting time with Mel. Paula mentions that we could also observe what Zale is doing.
- More Board responsibility for fundraising. Kurt notes that many boards are responsible for 10% of an organization’s budget.
- Rolf wonders about having a “KBOO Store” on the website to sell in-house merchandise. We would be able to display t-shirts and other premiums so donors can look at gifts.
September Finance Minutes
Finance committee approves September Finance minutes.
Meeting adjourns at 7:20