Drinking from Puddles on 07/28/10
Live on Drinking From Puddles for 07/28/10 it's the return of 3 Leg Torso !!
3 Leg Torso return for a fourth Live-In-Studio appearance on Drinking From Puddles to celebrate the release of their new Animals & Cannibals CD!
From their bio:
"3 Leg Torso creates charming, elegant and daring modern chamber pop music infused with equal parts tradition and innovation. Since the ensemble's humble start 10 years ago with spontaneous street performances -- called Meestering by co-founders Béla Balogh and Courtney Von Drehle -- they have been featured on National Public Radio's All Things Considered and at the San Luis Obispo Mozart Festival, successfully toured the east and west coasts, released four CDs (two with New York spoken word artist, NPR contributor and Duplex Planet founder David Greenberger), composed and recorded film and documentary scores as well as licensing music for film and television both in the US and internationally, written new evening length works commissioned by the Portland Institute of Contemporary Art (PICA) and performed both their original compositions and their arrangements of traditional music with several symphony orchestras.
Influenced by tango, Eastern European folk and other world music traditions, their cosmopolitan musical style embraces wit and humor within thoughtful, uncommon and beautiful musical arrangements." Highlights
• Multiple Live appearances on KBOO's "Drinking From Puddles"
• Profiled on NPR’s “All Things Considered”
• Performed at the re-opening of the Hollywood Bowl, June 2004
• Debut album reached #12 on Amazon.com’s Top 100
• Two CD collaborations with New York-based spoken word artist David Greenberger
• Performances with the Portland Festival Symphony, Metropolitan Youth Symphony and Pacific Crest Wind Symphony.
• Scored Music for Academy Award winning animator Joan Gratz
• Composed music for United Nations documentary in Thailand
• Recorded music for Deutsche Komtel in Germany
• Provided theme music for Bosnian television series
• Commissioned by PICA for new work at 2003 TBA Festival
• Residency at 2006 San Luis Obispo Mozart Festival
• Two songs included in the 2007 film "What Would Jesus Buy?," directed by Rob VanAlkemade and produced by Morgan Spurlock (SUPER SIZE ME)