Job Opportuntiy: Live Music Mixing Mentor
Reports to: Erin Yanke, Youth Advocate
Employment Status: Temporary Position Hours: 15
General Description: Plan and Teach a workshop to youth on the art and science of live music production.
1. Demonstrated expertise mixing live music
2. Experience mixing live music at KBOO.
3. Experience training volunteers.
4. Ability to work with a diverse population of Youth.
5. Ability to create curriculum in conjunction with KBOO staff person.
6. Working knowledge of KBOO programming and volunteer culture.
7. Ability to be calm under pressure.
8. Ability to resolve conflicts.
1. Plan a workshop with Youth Advocate to train KBOO Youth Volunteers how to engineer live bands using Production Room 1 and Studio 1.
2. Create curriculum for workshop.
3. Meet with Youth Advocate prior to workshop for planning.
4. Carry out the workshop with 2-4 youth participants, and 1-2 adult participants.
5. Meet with Youth Advocate after workshop for de-briefing.
6. Prepare a written report about the workshop for KBOO Staff and Board.
Payment $30/hour for 15 hours. Will be hired as a KBOO Employee (unless you qualify under Oregon rules as an Independent Contractor).
Employment Dates: Project will be in 2009 calendar year. Dates are flexible but preferably in August, before the school year starts. They will be set in conjunction with KBOO employee for a period of 1-4 weeks. Hours will include meeting and planning curriculum, conducting a series of three hands-on classes and debrief/follow up.
Benefits: This position does not have benefits.
Notes Erin Yanke, KBOO Youth Advocate, will help create the program, recruit the youth participants, and take the notes and curriculum to create a training manual for live music production training.
KBOO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Discrimination because of race, religion, sex, national origin, or disability, is prohibited.