Local Foods Special
What are your sources of locally-grown food in this season of bounty? Farmers markets, your backyard garden, neighborhood buying clubs, the natural foods store or co-op? Then there are countless ways to prepare such fresh fruits and vegetables at home. Overwhelmed in the kitchen? Some fast food joints are even cooking up such local produce for you.
This episode features:
- Ann Forsthoefel, director of the Portland Farmers Market, on the new Sunday King market and making local foods more accessible.
- An interview with Portland chef and food writer Ivy Manning, author of the The Farm to Table Cookbook.
- A visit to Cythnia Kapple's Midway Farms and neighborhood market on Highway 20 in Albany.
- Burgerville's Chief Cultural Officer Jack Graves on the local chain's efforts to highlight more local foods on its menu.
(Photo of Burgerville's Chipotle Pepper Jack Burger & Yukon Gold Fries/Flickr Creative Commons/By Kevin Crumbs)
- Title: Food Show 20090520 - Local Foods
- Length: 55:34 minutes (50.87 MB)
- Format: MP3 Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)