The INNER CITY BLUES FESTIVAL: Healing the Health Care Blues
For the third year, we are throwing a party on Saturday, April 5 at the Melody Ballroom, featuring Norman Sylvester and a host of all-star Northwest musicians returning for a night of music that will benefit the work of the state-wide coalition, Health Care for All-Oregon, to get simple, fair, affordable, high quality health care for all Oregonians.
Award Winning, All-Star Performers on Two Stages Include:
• Norman Sylvester Band w/ LaRhonda Steele & Janice Scroggins
• Boogie Cat “Guitar Explosion” w/ Lloyd Jones and Jim Mesi
• Too Loose Cajun & Zydeco Band w/ Reggie Houston
• The Duffy Bishop Band
• The Strange Tones w/ Volcano Vixens
• Chata Addy & Friends African Procession
• Mad as Hell Doctors “Mad Minutes”
• Shoehorn “Tap Dancing Sax Man” Floor Show
• Steve Cheseborough “Acoustic Blues”
• Nico Wind Full Circle
• Tevis Hodge Jr. “Acoustic Blues”
Celebrity Masters of Ceremonies for the evening are Paul Knauls, a NE Portland businessman and former owner of legendary blues/jazz clubs Geneva’s and the Cotton Club, and Renee Mitchell, former columnist for The Oregonian and renowned poet and author.
Tickets: $15.Advance--$20 Door ($1 discount for CBA members). Tickets available at: www.tickettomato.com
- Music Millennium: 3158 E Burnside
- Geneva’s Shear Perfection: 5601 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.
- Musicians Union Local 99: 325 NE 20th