Old Mole Variety Hour Labor Day Special 2014
Joe Clement hosts this labor day special, which features conversations about reducing the work week and having real power in society as workers, challenging stagnant norms in union organizing, the problem with work and utopianism. We also hear clips of political humor in honor of the late Robin Williams.
- Joe and Nathan Schneider both ask "Who Stole The Four Hour Work Day?" and talk about the labor movement's historically most powerful campaign: the reduction of the work week.
- Bill Resnick and Norm Diamond discuss rank-and-file union organizing and review Jane McAlevey's "Raising Expectations, Raising Hell: my decade fighting for the labor movement".
- Joe discusses utopianism with former guest Kathi Weeks, author of "The Problem With Work".
- Genre: Other
- Length: 57:35 minutes (79.07 MB)
- Format: MP3 Stereo 44kHz 192Kbps (CBR)