1. Since 1990 the Republicans have been sitting on Salem’s face and Oregon’s lowly service industry employees had to clean up after the party. But things changed this year and the Democrats are, ‘back on top’ so to speak. So far it’s working out well for workers. As long as the Dems don’t do anything stupid, we still have a chance to undo some of the mischief made in the last 16 years…
2. “I Shot the Sheriff”: Here’s the dilemma: They’re union members and they are cops. So whom do you root for in this particular movie? The union representing the Sheriff’s Office sued the Department of Community Justice and won. Pass the popcorn…
Beginning October 7th, KBOO began a trial period of 'The Thom Hartmann Show' from 4 - 5 pm weekdays. Click here to find out more about our trial period of airing Thom Hartmann - we want to hear your response!
A Membership Engagement Committee meeting will be held on Nov 27th at 5:30 PM. The meeting will be held at the Portland SEIU Union hall located at 6401 SE Foster Rd in SE Portland (near the intersection of Foster Rd and Holgate).
The next KBOO Board meeting will be on December 16th at 6 pm at KBOO - 20 SE 8th Ave.
KBOO 90.7 FM is seeking a Station Manager to lead our dynamic 45 year old non-commercial, community radio station.
We are looking for:
• Nonprofit management experience.
• Ability to thrive and work collaboratively in a decentralized organization.
• Ability to delegate, plan and organize people to meet goals and objectives.