The Abe and Joe Talk Radio Show
Hosts Joe Uris and Abe Proctor discuss current election issues. In the second half of the show they are joined by Thomas Powers, Pulitzer Prize winning contributor to the New York Review of Books. He'll talk about The New York Review of Books and Guardian America 2008 Election Tour to discuss the election campaign and the challenges and opportunities facing a new administration.
Hosts Abe Proctor and Joe Uris cuss and discuss the latest election news and coverage, including a run-down of the various Oregon Ballot Measures. The cops are tracking your car's location with high tech cameras that log when and where your license plates appear. Be aware!!!
Hosts Abe Proctor and Joe Uris talk Politics, Economics, and now, Atheism with guest Dr. Lawrence Krauss, internationally famous theoretical physicist and avowed Atheist.
Hosts Abe Proctor and Joe Uris talk about the Trillion Dollar Bail Out being hammered out (and on) in Congress. Is it a good thing? Is it a bad thing? Is a taxpayer-funded bail-out option for failed speculators an integral part of Capitalism? Should it be? Listeners weigh in...
Hosts Abe and Joe speak with French philospher Bernard-Henri Lévy, author of "Left In Dark Times: A Stand Against the New Barbarism."
Host Joe Uris hosts today's show, with a wild and wooly topic list.
1) Colwood Golf Course near the airport is up for sale. Some people want to put an industrial park there, but the surrounding neighborhoods want open space and badly needed parks. Read the actual Land Use Request here. The Portland Land Use Hearings Officer has recommended that City Council deny the zoning change request to Industrial, and supports keeping the zoning as Open Space (See Page 10 of his recommendation). Tonight, it's a City Council Agenda Item. Listeners weigh in.
2) Bolivia is erupting into chaos! Does Anybody Care?
3) Our Banking System is in a state of collapse! Does Anybody Care?
4) The GOP, fair and balanced as they are, have proposed using mortgage foreclosure lists to challenge people at the voting poles. This means that if you've lost your house in the recent mortgage industry meltdown, the Republicans don't want to let you vote, as you no longer "live" at your registered address, and are probably a Democrat. Obama's campaign is suing. Listeners weigh in.
5) The US, the worlds most prolific Arms Dealer, is selling Bunker Buster Bombs to Israel. Listeners weigh in.
Hosts Abe Proctor and Joe Uris start out with a discussion on the current situation beween the US, Georgia and Russia. Then they change gears to examine the new Sweetheart of the Republican Party, Sarah Palin.
Host Joe Uris opens the lines for some political topics, starting with the police actions at the Republican National Convention, and a live interview with Will from Rising Tide, who is on the streets in Minneapolis. We get an update on the Liquid Natural Gas debacle from Susan in Mollala.
Host Joe Uris talks with listeners about proposed Liquified Natural Gas Pipelines in Oregon, the history and real meaning of the Russian/Georgian conflict and the Obama-Biden Democratic National Convention. A No-Holds-Barred discussion of Real Stuff in Real Time.
Interesting Links from today's show: