Bringing the drums to bellydancers, yogis, and the global dancefloor, Drumspyder weaves the rhythms and tonalities of the Mediterranean and the rhythmic energy of live Arabic percussion into a distinctively sleek and funky style of dance fusion.
1. Shawn Lee's Incredible Tabla Band - Bongo Rock
2. Mouse on Mars - Baku Hipster
3. George Russell - A Helluva Town [Sa-Ra "Go" Remix]
4. Kim Weston - Love Me All the Way
5. Moby - Find My Baby
6. Family Tree - Family Tree
7. Robo-Robb - Construction
8. Four Tet; Percee P - A Joy [Percee P Version]
9. Goldfrapp - Lovely 2 C U
10. King Missile - (Why are we) Trapped? (radio edit)
11. Synthesonic Sounds - House of the Rising Sun
12. The Jesus and Mary Chain - Come On
13. Meiko; The Crystal Method - Falling Hard
14. Sol Brothers - That Elvis Track
15. Ocote Soul Sounds - Contigo Jamás
Our first music break is from Play/Start titled 'The Alibi'
We welcome Samuel, the Mastermind behind the festival, to the show and he shares all the important details of this upcoming event. The Portland Queer Music Festival welcomes 24 LGBTQ and allied bands on July 22 at two venues, with shows starting at 2pm. The all ages show is at Backspace and the 21 and older show is at the Someday Lounge.
Erin Yanke interviews Mark Baumgarten, author of the book Love Rock Revolution: K Records and the Rise of Independent Music. Mark will be reading in Portland July 12th, 7:30pm, at Powells Books on Burnside. The reading and book signing will be followed by a K Records tribute concert at Valentine's (9pm, $3, 21+) with Clea Partridge, Grey Anne, and others.