Old Mole Variety Hour
The Old Mole burrows down to the roots of the great issues of our time – the struggles of ordinary people for democratic and sustainable ways of life. The Mole goes where corporate media fear to tread, supporting grassroots challenges to top-down authority and giving voice to movements that shake the foundations of an unjust society. The Moles' perspective is democratic, broadly socialist, and feminist. (We count Karl Marx as a friend).
For individual segments and information about episodes, click the "audio" tab.
You can leave comments for the Moles at email@example.com or by clicking on the comment section for any of our audio pieces.
1. Journalist Dawn Paley reveals the underlying motives for the so-called drug war in Latin America.
2. How consumerism created by advertising dumbs us down.
3. How working 9 to 5 makes willing consumers out of us.
4. A feminist who loves football wrestles with the contradictions.
5. Sovereign native American nations vow to block the Keystone Pipeline.
To hear the whole show, use the play button below. For individual pieces, click on the links above.
To keep current with what the Old Mole is up to, become our friend on Facebook.
Oregon Walmart workers stand up
November 28, 2014• 11:00 AM
Walmart• 4200 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266
Host Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Resnick hosts this episode and we hear these segments:
Bill Resnick talks with Chris Toensing of Middle East Research and Information Project about US-Iran relations
Bill reads about and discusses Black Friday Labor actions by and for Walmart workers
Movie Moles Denise Morris and Frann Michel review Dear White People
Bill talks with Patrick Mazza about US-China agreement on Carbon and Climate
To hear the whole show, use the play button below. To hear individual pieces, follow the links above.
Become our friend on Facebook to keep up with what the Mole digs up.
- Title: OldMoleforNovember172014
- Length: 54:01 minutes (24.73 MB)
- Format: MP3 Mono 44kHz 64Kbps (CBR)